Nigeria’s President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has accepted the invitation sent to him by the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike to commission some projects in the South-South state.
Tinubu is scheduled to inaugurate the “iconic” Rumuola-Rumuokwuta flyover and Magistrates Court building in Port Harcourt on the 3rd and 4th of May, 2023.
Governor Wike during an inspection tour of the Rumuola-Rumuokwuta flyover and Magistrates Court building in Port Harcourt on Wednesday, disclosed that the President-elect will pay two days visit to Rivers State next week.
Now, according to his media office on Thursday, Tinubu confirmed that he has accepted the invitation and will personally attend the events in Rivers.
Recall that Wike has been at loggerheads with the leadership of his party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), after Atiku Abubakar emerged the presidential candidate of the party.
The Rivers State Governor and four other PDP governors known as the G5 governors called for the resignation of Iyorchia Ayu as the National Chairman. Subsequently, the aggrieved governors were believed to have worked against the interest of the party during the 2023 presidential election.
- Gov. Soludo Discloses Why He Was Asked To Leave His Seat At President Tinubu’s Inauguration
- Nigerian Man Acquires New N2m Elon Musk’s Robotic Wife (Photos)
- JUST IN: President Tinubu Orders The DSS To Vacate EFCC Lagos Office With Immediate Effect
- JUST IN: Court Sentences Adedoyin to Death By Hanging for OAU Student’s Murder
- WPO Nigeria sets to inaugurate peace advisers, says its needed now that Nigeria tracks on unity
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter