The Kaduna State governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has revealed that the constitutiin of the APC has provided for the next president to come the South, and that President Buhari is aware of it as it is now included in the party’s constitution.
El-Rufai stated this when answering questions from Seyi Okinbaloye of the Channels television in a programme on Wednesday.
The Kaduna State governor also stated that the Chairman of the party and the President cannot come from the same zone, and that has been the modus operandi of the APC and also incorporated into the party’s constitution.
He highlighted that the present change of leadership of the party that witnessed Niger State governor taking over from the Yobe State governor, Buni, has the backing and knowledge of President Buhari.
Nasir El-Rufai now declared that, going by the constitution of the APC, the next President of Nigeria has been zoned to the South much as the National Chairman of the party has been zoned to the North. He revealed that the onus of the responsibilty now lies on the Southern caucus of the party to present an acceptable candidate to the party against 2023 election.
Watch the interview below:
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi