The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has declared the March 18 governorship election in Adamawa State inconclusive.
The candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state, Senator Aishatu Dahiru famously known as Binani scored 390, 275 while the incumbent, Governor Ahmadu Fintiri, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate, polled 421,524.
However, INEC declared the election inconclusive due to the margin of votes.
Read Also: How Binani Was Outmuscled: INEC Returning Officer Rejects Manual Result For Adamawa LG, Accepts IReV’s
The result of Furore LGA has been a bone of contention as APC alleged it was doctored to favour the PDP. The PDP State Agent In Adamawa State protested against the submission of the APC and wanted the result to be announced.
Reacting, the INEC Returning Officer rejected the result, cancelled it and declared the election INCONCLUSIVE.
New Date For Supplimentary Elections Will Be Announced later by INEC.
- Gov. Soludo Discloses Why He Was Asked To Leave His Seat At President Tinubu’s Inauguration
- Nigerian Man Acquires New N2m Elon Musk’s Robotic Wife (Photos)
- JUST IN: President Tinubu Orders The DSS To Vacate EFCC Lagos Office With Immediate Effect
- JUST IN: Court Sentences Adedoyin to Death By Hanging for OAU Student’s Murder
- WPO Nigeria sets to inaugurate peace advisers, says its needed now that Nigeria tracks on unity
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter