Yesterday, Nobel Laureate Professor Wole Soyinka, while on Arise News, described Datti’s supreme court comments as fascistic, menacing, unacceptable and never heard anyone threaten the judiciary the way Datti spoke and for him, refuse to be part of that kind of language.
After that video surfaced online, what followed suit was some criticism from online users, with some saying it was the same Wole Soyinka who criticised Jonathan in 2019 and also, refused to say anything about the “the dogs and the baboons will be soaked in blood” statement made by Buhari then.
Reacting to those criticizing, Kingsley Moghalu who once served as a Deputy governor of the Central Bank tweeted saying;
Nobel Laureate Wole Soyinka is a principled fighter for justice in our country and around the world. He is a phenomenon that unlettered and uncultured people may not fully understand in an age of lazy social media in which many don’t read or think deep.
His endorsement of my 2019 presidential candidacy in my short-lived but impactful foray into Nigerian electoral politics remains one of the greatest honors of my life. I view very dimly any criticism of him simply because he’s OBJECTIVE. He survived dictators. He will survive you.
- Gov. Soludo Discloses Why He Was Asked To Leave His Seat At President Tinubu’s Inauguration
- Nigerian Man Acquires New N2m Elon Musk’s Robotic Wife (Photos)
- JUST IN: President Tinubu Orders The DSS To Vacate EFCC Lagos Office With Immediate Effect
- JUST IN: Court Sentences Adedoyin to Death By Hanging for OAU Student’s Murder
- WPO Nigeria sets to inaugurate peace advisers, says its needed now that Nigeria tracks on unity
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter