Femi Falana (SAN), a legal luminary has said a presidential candidate does not need to win the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) to be declared winner of the February 25, 2023 poll.
“It is not a requirement that you must win the FCT,” the Senior Advocate of Nigeria said on Channels Television’s Sunrise Daily programme on Tuesday.
“Today, the courts have ruled that pursuant to Section 299 of the constitution, that the FCT should be treated as a state. That is the law.
“You don’t have to win the FCT; if you meet the requirement; that is two-thirds of the majority of states in the country. You don’t have to win the FCT,” the rights activist stressed.
- ‘I’m The One Who Wrote A Petition Against Portable’ – Manny Monie
- FG Bans Anti-inauguration Protests Nationwide
- Pastor Eneche And Ibiyeome Are Calling People To Go And Protest, Will They Stand In Front? – Asari Dokubo
- Female Firefighter Cries Out, Begs Male Admirers To Stop Calling Emergency Room To Request For Her Number (Photos)
- It’s Turn Of South-South To Produce Senate President – Afegbua
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter