Report indicated that no fewer than 64 Boko Haram terrorists were freed during the Tuesday night attack on the Kuje custodial Centre in Abuja.
This was disclosed by the Minister of Defence, Major General Bashir Magashi (retd.), while he was addressing journalists at the centre, nothing that all the 64 Boko Haram terrorists that were held in custody had all been freed by the attackers.
According to The PUNCH, 600 inmates were said to have been escaped from the custodial centre, and 300 have been captured so far.
The minister noted that all effort is being made to ensure that all the inmates that were freed is brought back as soon as possible.
In his words:
“Well, we too heard the attack. The incident started between 10 and 10:25 am the security operatives recaptured some. What actually happened was they came in their numbers and released some of the inmates. We are now trying to see the kind of inmates they released.
“We are trying to see what we can do to see that all escapes within the prison accommodation are brought back to the prison yard.
“About 994 inmates, we have about 600 already inside now. Many people are being recaptured. The people who came to do this from the records belong to a particular group, from all indicators they are Boko Haram.
“Currently, they are about 64 of them as inmates and we could not locate them.”
- BBNaijaS7: My Body Is A Temple, We Only Had Aggressive Kissing Under The Duvet Not S3x – Khalid
- Electricity Workers Call Off Strike, Agree To Restore Power
- Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Shettima Has Built More Churches In Borno State Than Any Other Governor – Fani-Kayode
- Troops Rescue 6 Kidnapped Victims In A Gun Battle With Terrorist In Kaduna
- Details of Tinubu’s Meeting with Obasanjo Emerge