Chelsea’s company credit cards have reportedly been frozen temporarily.
This is coming following the United Kingdom government’s sanction of the club owner, Roman Abramovich.
The Athletic had reported that the freezing of Chelsea’s credit cards could leave the club stranded and “unable to buy fuel for the team bus.”
This new development could affect the players’ movement for both their Champions League and Premier League matches.
On Thursday, the UK government issued s sanction against Chelsea’s owner for allegedly being one of the allies of the Russian President, Vladimir Putin who ordered the invasion of Ukraine on February 24.
Before the sanction, Abramovich has disclosed his intention to sell the London club but he was unable to strike a deal with any prospective buyer before the sanction took effect. This has now hampered the selling of the club.
Following the freezing of the club’s assets, Chelsea jersey sponsor Three suspended its partnership with the London club.
Chelsea travelled to Norwich City on Thursday and secured a 3-1 victory in their Premier League tier but the new reports have suggested that the blocking of the club’s company credit cards might affect the team’s movement for their upcoming matches.
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi