A former Inspector-General of the Nigerian Police Force, Tafa Balogun is dead.
Balogun died in a hospital in Lekki, Lagos state at about 8:30 pm on Thursday after a brief illness.
The former police officer was born on August 25, 1947, in Ila Orangun, Osun State, he was appointed the IGP in March 2002. He was aged 74.
Balogun made headlines all over the country on April 4, 2005, after the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) under the leadership of Nuhu Ribadu brought charges against him, covering the period from 2002 to 2004 when he was the Inspector General of Police. He was accused of stealing and laundering over $100 million.
He pleaded guilty to eight of the 56 count-charges and was sentenced to 6 months in Prison.
He was directed by the court to pay N500, 000 on each of eight counts charges totalling N4 million.
At the end of it all, vanity upon vanity!!!
- Buhari Not Spending Extra Day, Transition To Tinubu’s Government On Course – SGF
- “Economy of Lagos State Must Be Crippled” – Simon Ekpa Says As He Declares ‘Sit At Home’ For Biafrans In Lagos
- Those Prophesying Against Tinubu Are Wasting Their Time – Pastor Joshua Iginla Says
- BREAKING: Simon Ekpa Declares ‘Sit At Home’ For Biafrans in Lagos
- Governor Wike Reacts To Ayu’s Replacement, See What He Has To Say
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter