Ike Ekweremadu, a former Deputy Senate President, will remain in prison till October 31st as the case has been adjourned again.
Ekweremadu appeared in court on Thursday was will remain in Custody as the judge adjourned the case till the end of October for a hearing.
It can be recalled that the Nigerian senator first appeared before the Uxbridge magistrates’ court in London, where the lawmaker denied all the charges against him.
Both Ekweremadu and his wife were denied bail and remanded in custody while the case was adjourned to July 7 and now August 4, 2022.
However, on July 2nd, his wife, Beatrice was granted bail under strict conditions.
According to reports, Ekweremadu put in a request for a new counsel on Wednesday. However, the Nigerian senate ably represented by Adamu Bulkachuwa (in brown kaftan), senate committee chairman on foreign affairs, was in court to show support for Ekweremadu.
Only 20 people were allowed into the court premises to witness proceedings and any and all recording devices were barred.
- Yorubas Can’t Be Called Rascals, They Understand & Manage Diversity Very Well – Reno Omokri Replies Iwuanyanwu
- Pandora Papers: Law Firm Writes CCB, Demands Prosecution of Peter Obi
- BREAKING: INEC Fixes April 15 for Supplementary Polls in Adamawa, Kebbi
- Gbadebo Is Proud & Self-Centered, He Would Have Set Lagos Backwards By 10yrs If He Had Won – Former LP Chairman
- Tinubu Wants El-Rufai in His Cabinet As His SGF – APC NWC Member Says
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter