According to a social media post, Dr. Onyechi Ikpeazu, SAN, one of the attorneys for Peter Obi, the Labour Party’s (LP) presidential candidate, has never lost a case in his legal career. The tweet which was made on March 24, has gathered 425 likes and several comments. And how true is this statement?
Well, according to an article by tphe Nigerian Tribune Newspaper today, while there is no official record or data that back the claim that Peter Obi’s lawyer, Dr Ikpeazu has never lost a case before, he did lose a case in 2019.
In 2019, he lost his case (AKINLADE V ABIODUN) at the Ogun Election Tribunal after his client (Adekunle Akinlade of the Allied Peoples Movement) was defeated the then governor, Dapo Abiodun of the All Progressives Congress (APC), the list is endless.
The claim on various social media platforms that Peter Obi’s lawyer, Dr Ikpeazu has never lost a case before is most definitely false and misleading.
- Emefiele: I’m Highly Disappointed You Appointed Shonubi As Acting CBN Governor – Adeyanju Attacks Tinubu
- Meet Folashodun Shonubi, the CBN’s New Acting Governor
- BREAKING: Emefiele Arrested By DSS For Questioning And Investigations After Suspension
- JUST IN: President Tinubu Suspends Emefiele, Directs Investigation Into Naira Redesign
- New Cats: B-Red Reveals How Burnaboy Chased After Davido’s Car In Port Harcourt
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter