Unknown armed men have reportedly staged an ambush on an Army patrol van in the commercial hub of Abia State, Abia.
Sahara Reporters gathered that the incident occurred on Friday, in the early hours when the unsuspecting soldiers, who were then on patrol, were ambushed by the unknown gunmen.
According to reports, the incident happened at the popular Tonimas junction, Osisioma Local Government Area axis, on Enugu-Aba-Pourt Harcourt Expressway.
The issue of the unknown gunmen attacking people and government properties has become a serious security challenge in the South East that the newly sworn-in Governor of Anambra state, Chukwuma Soludo, set up a committee to tackle the true cause of the armed struggle in the region.
HotNewsInNaija gathered that the membership of the committee was selected across the five states in the region which is Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu and Imo. The committee is headed by Prof Chidi Odinkalu, with Ambassador Bianca Ojukwu as secretary. It is termed called Truth, Justice and Peace Committee.
- BBNaijaS7: My Body Is A Temple, We Only Had Aggressive Kissing Under The Duvet Not S3x – Khalid
- Electricity Workers Call Off Strike, Agree To Restore Power
- Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Shettima Has Built More Churches In Borno State Than Any Other Governor – Fani-Kayode
- Troops Rescue 6 Kidnapped Victims In A Gun Battle With Terrorist In Kaduna
- Details of Tinubu’s Meeting with Obasanjo Emerge