Nollywood actor, Olanrewaju Omiyinka, popularly known as Baba Ijesha has on Thursday been sentenced to 16 years imprisonment by Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo of the Ikeja Domestic Violence and Sexual Offences Court.
The popular Nigerian actor is facing six counts of child defilement that include indecent treatment of a child, sexual assault, attempted sexual assault by penetration and sexual assault by penetration.
The offences contravene Section 135, 137, 261, 202, 262 and 263 of the Lagos State Criminal Law 2015, which stipulates life imprisonment for offenders.
Baba Ijesha denied the allegations. A CCTV video recording detailing his relationship with the victim said to be a minor was played in court.
Justice Taiwo while delivering the judgement, said that the prosecution failed to prove beyond reasonable doubt that the defendant is guilty of all the charges against him.
However, she found the defendant guilty of two of the six counts against him.
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi