Senator-elect Ireti Kingibe has explained the motivation behind the victory of the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) in the February 25th presidential election.
Kingibe noted that the Labour Party presidential candidate won in the FCT because it is difficult to rig in the city.
The Senator-elect stated this while speaking in an interview on Arise TV on Friday.
Recall that Obi floored Atiku Abubakar of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and Bola Tinubu of All Progressives Congress, APC, to win the FCT during the February 25 presidential election.
Obi secured 281, 717 votes in the FCT, while Tinubu got 90, 902 votes and Atiku scored 74, 194 votes.
But, Kingibe noted that the LP worked hard to make sure Obi polled over 25 percent of the votes in the FCT.
She said, “FCT is unique in that 75 percent of the electorate are you and I. Even [in] the days of big card readers and paper voter cards, FCT has always been a very difficult place to rig at the polling units.
“I think my votes would have been a lot more. But at the end of the day you can only do those things at the collation centre,” she added.
- Gov. Soludo Discloses Why He Was Asked To Leave His Seat At President Tinubu’s Inauguration
- Nigerian Man Acquires New N2m Elon Musk’s Robotic Wife (Photos)
- JUST IN: President Tinubu Orders The DSS To Vacate EFCC Lagos Office With Immediate Effect
- JUST IN: Court Sentences Adedoyin to Death By Hanging for OAU Student’s Murder
- WPO Nigeria sets to inaugurate peace advisers, says its needed now that Nigeria tracks on unity
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter