Super Eagles Manager, Augustine Eguavoen has replaced the injured Nigerian midfielder, Wilfred Ndidi, who sustained an injury during Leicester City’s Europa League clash with their French Ligue 1 counterpart, Stade Rennes, with Lorient’s Innocent Bonke.
Ndidi was stretched out of the field before the end of the half of the game which later ended 2-1 in favour of the French club. The Foxes would later end up qualified on goals aggregate.
The Super Eagles coach, having included the Nigerian midfielder’s name on his squad to face Black Stars of Ghana in their next weekend’s World Cup qualifier tie, had to replace him to produce a solid team that will project the Nigerian National team to Qatar 2022 World Cup.
Super Eagles via a tweet posted on its official verified Twitter handle, @NGSuperEagles, disclosed that the injured Ndidi has now been replaced with Bonke who is capable of filling the void left by the Leicester City midfielder.
Bonke is a versatile Nigerian professional footballer who plays as a midfielder for the French Ligue 1 club Lorient.
Super Eagles of Nigeria will take a trip to Ghana on March 25 for the first leg of the WCQ playoffs against the Ghana National team while they would be welcoming the Black Stars in Nigeria on March 29 for the return leg.
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi