The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has shed light on its officers’ encounters with some hoodlums at the Lagos Island area of Lagos State.
The Nigerian anti-graft agency debunked what, according to them, referred to as fake narratives about what happened between the NDLEA operatives and some thugs which led to sporadic shootings in the area.
Earlier reports suggest that the men of the anti-graft agency were shooting sporadically at Lagos Island which led to the killing of the residents in the area.
However, the agency has come out to clear the air on the issue, urging people to disregard the fake news.
Reacting to the incident, NDLEA declared that its operatives only went for the arrest of a major drug kingpin in the area.
They noted that despite the thugs’ attack on their men, they were able to secure the arrest of the kingpin alongside five others with almost 6000kg of drugs.
The anti-graft agency declared this via a tweet posted on its official Twitter handle, @ndlea_nigeria.
The tweet reads:
“A lot of fake narratives have been going on on what happened at Petty area of Lagos Island earlier today. Please disregard them.”
“Truth is our operatives went for the arrest of a major drug kingpin and we got her and 5 others with almost 6,000kg of drugs despite attacks on our men.”
See Their Tweet Below:
Watch The Video of the Arrested Suspects:
- Zinoleesky, 5 Others Granted Bail After 24 Hours In NDLEA Custody.
- 27kg of Loud, 4G of Molly, Other Details About Zinoleesky, Mohbad’s Arrest By NDLEA
- NDLEA Officer Killed, Van Burnt By Unknown Gunmen In Ebonyi.
- Inside Details of How Abba Kyari Lands In The NDLEA’s Net.
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi