The Nigerian Vice President and Presidential Aspirant, Professor Yemi Osinbajo, has reportedly switched his All Progressives Congress (APC) membership from Lagos to Ogun state in Ward One, Ikenne.
According to reports, Osinbajo made the move in order to prevent any suspension that may emerge after he declared his intention to run for the 2023 presidency while his former boss, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, is also vying for the same position.
Confirming Osinbajo’s move, the spokesman of the Lagos state chapter of the APC, Laolu Akande, in a statement released on Monday, declared that the VP Osinbajo is no longer an APC Lagos stalwart.
On Monday, the Vice President, in a seven minutes video released, declared his intention to run for Presidency and he has promised to continue the good work his boss, President Muhammadu Buhari, has been doing for the past seven years if he’s allowed to rule the country come 2023.
Osinbajo will now fight for the presidential ticket, in the APC primary election, with the likes of the Minister for Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, former Imo State Governor, Rochas Okorocha, Kogi State Governor, Yahaya Bello, and his former boss, Bola Tinubu.
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi