Men of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Tuesday stormed areas in Abuja where dealers – Bureau de Change operators – trade foreign currencies against the naira.
The raid came as the naira continued its decline against the US dollar, exchanging for as high as N850 to $1.
According to Channels Television, the EFCC confirmed the raid but did not disclose details.
Last week the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) announced a redesign of the naira as part of measures to tighten monetary policy.
Critics of the measure say the naira’s redesign would lead to more demand for dollars.
For more interesting news, kindly like and follow News In Naija
- Yorubas Can’t Be Called Rascals, They Understand & Manage Diversity Very Well – Reno Omokri Replies Iwuanyanwu
- Pandora Papers: Law Firm Writes CCB, Demands Prosecution of Peter Obi
- BREAKING: INEC Fixes April 15 for Supplementary Polls in Adamawa, Kebbi
- Gbadebo Is Proud & Self-Centered, He Would Have Set Lagos Backwards By 10yrs If He Had Won – Former LP Chairman
- Tinubu Wants El-Rufai in His Cabinet As His SGF – APC NWC Member Says
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter