The former Anambra state governor, willie Obiano, who has been in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission for the past few days has been granted bail.
This was disclosed by the Chairman of the anti-graft agency, Abdulrasheed Bawa, in a statement to journalists in Abuja on Monday while the 5th Annual General Assembly (AGA) of the Network of Anti-Corruption Institutions in West Africa (NACIMA) was ongoing.
Although the former governor is still in custody, but the EFCC chairman said it was all because he is yet to perfect his bail conditions.
Bawa also dismissed claims in some quarters that Obiano was arrested for political reasons, saying, “Nothing political about the arrest of the former Anambra State Governor, Wille Obiano.”
The former governor of Anambra state was arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commision at Murtala Muhammee International Airport, Lagos on his way to Texas, USA at around 8.30pm on Thursday.
He was later moved to Abuja where he is being quizzed over alleged mismanagement of N42 billion and contract inflation.
- BBNaijaS7: My Body Is A Temple, We Only Had Aggressive Kissing Under The Duvet Not S3x – Khalid
- Electricity Workers Call Off Strike, Agree To Restore Power
- Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Shettima Has Built More Churches In Borno State Than Any Other Governor – Fani-Kayode
- Troops Rescue 6 Kidnapped Victims In A Gun Battle With Terrorist In Kaduna
- Details of Tinubu’s Meeting with Obasanjo Emerge