Nigerian lawyer and human rights activist, Reno Omokri, has condemned those blaming all Muslims and Northerners for the killing of a student of Shehu Shagari College of Education (SSCOE) Sokoto over alleged blasphemy.
Mr Omokri argued that it is condemnable how the lady was killed but generalising the blaming towards all the Muslims and Northerners instead of the perpetrators is also not good enough.
The lawyers said this in a statement released via his official verified Twitter handle, saying the perpetrators should be blamed not Muslims and Northeners
Mr Omokri compared the incident to the one that happened in Lagos a few days ago where two alleged phone thieves were served jungle justice and killed in Lagos. He stressed that when the thieves were killed, nobody blamed all Lagosians for the killing, as they chooses to hail the act instead of berating it.
The former aide to the ex-president, Goodluck Jonathan, however, implored people to kindly channel their insults and trolls toward those involved in the killing of the innocent lady not all the Muslims and Northerners.
See the tweet below:
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu