The Labour Party governorship candidate in Lagos State, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour, says one of the party agents has been shot dead.
According to Gbadebo, the unnamed agent was killed in the Apapa area of the state by thugs suspected to be members of the ruling All Progressives Congress.
“From all over Lagos, we are getting reports of voters’ intimidation, voters’ suppression In Apapa, one of our agents was shot and he is dead. And the worrying part is that INEC and the police have shown to be complicit in this,” he said.
Gbadebo is challenging Babajide Sanwo-Olu of the APC and Abdul-Azeez Adediran, popularly known as Jandor, of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, for the Lagos State governorship office.
The election was expected to be keenly contested following the victory of Labour Party in Lagos state in the presidential election.
Before the poll, the APC presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu, who is dubbed the “City Boy” in reference to his grip on the politics of the state, had never lost in Lagos.
- Onoh Tackles Uzor-Kalu, Says Senate Presidency Is Not For Person With Tainted Record
- Electronic Aspects of Election Hold No Waters in Evidence – Appeal Court; Peter Obi and LP Should Note This
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Orders Oyetola, APC To Pay Adeleke N500k for Damages
- JUST IN: Appeal Court Sets Aside Tribunal Judgement, Upholds Adeleke As The Winner Of Osun State July 16 Governorship Election
- I Will Govern Abia State Just Like Peter Obi Did In Anambra State – Abia Gov-Elect Otti
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter