A man identified as Wasiu Okunola was reportedly arraigned on Tuesday before the Akure Magistrate’s Court for allegedly stealing about 100 motorcycles in the Akure Local Government Area of Ondo State.
According to News Agency of Nigeria, the prosecution counsel, Olusegun Akeredolu, told the court that Mr Okunola conspired with one Biola, now at large, to commit the offence.
Mr Akeredolu said the offence was punishable under section 510 laws of the Ondo State of Nigeria, 2006.
He said that it took the police and the operatives of the State Security Service (SSS) three months to arrest the accused person.
Mr Akeredolu added that the accused person committed the said offence in different periods between 2022 and 2023.
The prosecutor, therefore, asked the court to adjourn the case to enable him to present witnesses.
He also prayed the court not to grant the defendant bail, saying he might jump the bail if given.
However, the defendant’s counsel, Daniel Ogungbemi, objected to the prayer, saying that the offence was a bailable one.
Ruling on the case, Magistrate Damilola Sekoni granted the defendant N1 million bail with two dutifully engaged sureties.
Mr Sekoni added that the two sureties must deposit N1 million each at the court and would forfeit the money if the defendant ran away.
The magistrate, therefore, adjourned the case to March 24 for a hearing.
- Onoh Tackles Uzor-Kalu, Says Senate Presidency Is Not For Person With Tainted Record
- Electronic Aspects of Election Hold No Waters in Evidence – Appeal Court; Peter Obi and LP Should Note This
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Orders Oyetola, APC To Pay Adeleke N500k for Damages
- JUST IN: Appeal Court Sets Aside Tribunal Judgement, Upholds Adeleke As The Winner Of Osun State July 16 Governorship Election
- I Will Govern Abia State Just Like Peter Obi Did In Anambra State – Abia Gov-Elect Otti
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter