Former Governor, Olagunsoye Oyinlola, has been attacked by Ademola Adeleke’s supporters in Osogbo, the Osun State Capital over the alleged imposition of a candidate for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the state.
Recall that Ademola was the candidate of the PDP in the last Osun State governorship election where he lost to the incumbent governor, Alhaji Gboyega Isiaka Oyetola in an election that most people from the state considered to be controversial.
He rekindled his ambition to run again as the Election is fast approaching but this has led to a serious crisis in the party. Many other candidates who believed that Ademola doesn’t stand a chance to defeat the incumbent governor have declared their intention to run for the post too. The crisis is being attended to by the leaders and stakeholders of the PDP in the state.
According to reports, Oyinlola who is one of the leaders of the party was embarrassed yesterday in Osogbo by Ademola’s supporters after he was being alleged of imposing a candidate for the party. They were said to be mobilized by the music superstar, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido for his uncle.
Those supporters that are protesting in support of Ademola were seen in the video shouting in Yoruba “Demola laa fe”. This means that it “is Demola we want”. They nearly attacked the former governor before security men came to his rescue.
This is coming a week after Osun PDP held a peace meeting at Oyinlola’s house in Okuku, Odo-Otin Local Government Area of the state,where Ademola allegedly left the meeting before it was ended. He later denied leaving the meeting because he was not happy but he left to attend an urgent family meeting. However, this incident that occurred yesterday shows that Ademola was not happy with the outcome of the meeting.
Watch The Video Below:
- #OSUN2022: Adeleke Applaud Osun PDP Elders, Stakeholders Over Peace Meeting
- PDP Crisis: Rep Fumes Over Members’ Defection, Calls For Secondus, NWC’s Resignation.
- Wike Berates Defecting PDP Governors, Calls Them Shameless Human Beings That Cannot be Trusted.
- Tambuwal Confident PDP Will Return To Power In 2023.
- Buhari’s Aide Under Fire For Advising FCT Minister Wike To Do Something To Some Dark Areas In Abuja
- Do You Wanna Watch Hannah Spoilt Y@nsh Video? Click Here
- CBN Disburses $61.64m To Foreign Airlines Through Various DMBs
- Federal Government Bans 18 Foreign Universities Operating In Nigeria, See Why
- Ban Sport Betting, Other Gambling Platforms Now, It Is Destroying Our Economy – Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu