A popular Nigerian female footballer and Goalkeeper of Sunshine Queens, Elizabeth Johnson, has reportedly died, shortly after she returned from training.
Sunshine Queens Football Club has confirmed that their Goalkeeper who was blessed with superb goalkeeping skills was pronounced dead hours after she trained with the Akure based club.
Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter
In a brief statement issued on Sunday through the club’s media officer, Femi Atolagbe, the club confirmed the development, conveying their heartbreak over the loss of one of the integral parts of the team.
The statement reads:
“Very heartbreaking! Sunshine Queens lost one of its goalkeepers, Elizabeth Johnson (Janded) to the cold hands of death moments ago.”
Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter.
The club disclosed that the goalkeeper was not battling any health issues as he trained with the team on Saturday at the team’s home ground but earlier in the day she told the club officials that she was feeling not too well and was taken to the hospital.
“Johnson who was hale and healthy trained with the team yesterday at the Ondo State Sports Complex, Akure.
“She earlier in the day complained of feeling feverish and dizzy. She was being taken to the hospital when she gave up the ghost on the way. Players, officials, and management are still in shock,” the club added.
- Keyamo Reacts To The Video Of Fayose Saying Peter Obi Requires N50B To Get Tinubu’s Kind of Structure
- VIDEO: Lady Escapes Ritualist Kidnapping In Osogbo
- “I’ve Performed In Almost Every Country In The World” – Burna Boy Brags As He Recounts His Blessings
- LAUTECH Calls Off Strike, Resumes Academic Session
- JUST IN: Police Repel Terrorist Attack In Three Locations In Katsina