The Senator representing Ekiti Central Senatorial District, Senator Opeyemi Bamidele has claimed that the new amended electoral law did not say that INEC should transmit election results to the IReV.
Senator Bamidele made the claim while speaking in an interview with TVC news, adding that certain politicians who understood this provision have chosen to be mischievous about the interpretation.
He asserted that the newly amended electoral law was made to fasten the process of voting by INEC. He identified that the BVAS technology that enables voters to get accredited and cast their votes early is the motive behind the approval of the electoral law. He stated categorically that transmission of results wasn’t a component of the electoral law that they signed.
He said, ‘We didn’t vote for electronic transmission of results by INEC in the national assembly. And I guess a lot of people did not understand that and those who understood still want to be mischievous about it, they are creating the impression that we had voted for transmission of results. The transmission of results occurs where there is no intermediary between the voter and the INEC portal. Bvas was not for voting, it was for accreditation and there is a difference between the IReV and Bvas.”
- Gov. Soludo Discloses Why He Was Asked To Leave His Seat At President Tinubu’s Inauguration
- Nigerian Man Acquires New N2m Elon Musk’s Robotic Wife (Photos)
- JUST IN: President Tinubu Orders The DSS To Vacate EFCC Lagos Office With Immediate Effect
- JUST IN: Court Sentences Adedoyin to Death By Hanging for OAU Student’s Murder
- WPO Nigeria sets to inaugurate peace advisers, says its needed now that Nigeria tracks on unity
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter