A Customary Court in Igando Area of Lagos State has on Thursday granted the request of one Adeola Ajatoye to divorce his wife, Chottia on grounds that she was “greedy and too demanding”.
It was gathered that on December 14, 2021, Mr. Ajatoye, who is a resident of Afeez Eyinileaso Street, Akesan, Lagos, approached the court, seeking divorce because his wife was materialistic. The wife was said to have not honoured the court letter.
The President of the Court, Koladoye Adeniyi, while delivering judgement, said that the court would have settled the issues between the couple but it is unfortunate that the respondent has failed to appear in court for the hearing.
The court, considering the interest of their only child and the fact that the couple is still being young, wanted to reconcile the couple. He added
“If the evidence of the petitioner is anything to go by, then it is unreasonable to encourage him to stay in the marriage. More so, there is no more love between the couple, their marriage is of no use and is baseless.
He, however, concluded that the marriage between the couple has broken beyond retrieve and therefore granted the request of the husband to divorce his wife. He ruled that the petitioner be granted custody of the only child.
The court’s president also ordered the wife to peacefully move her belongings from their matrimonial home without any problems.
In the petition written by the husband, Mr. Ajatoye:
”My wife makes too many demands on me that I cannot meet.
”Each time I tell her I can’t meet her demands, she threatens to commit suicide.”
“She sells our household items anytime I fail to give her money.”
”She also uses our only daughter as bait to have her way.”
- Ex-Minister Jails For 3-Month Over N450 million Fraud.
- Court Sentences Whistleblowers To 3-Month Jail for Giving EFCC False Information.
- VIDEO: Everything Keyamo Said When Asked If Tinubu Attended Primary And Secondary School
- See The Ridiculous Reason Kizz Daniel Refused To Perform At Tanzanian Concert, By Promoter
- Dino Melaye Bursted As The Possible Brain Behind Cultist Procession Against Bola Tinubu
- “Let The Poor Angry Bird Go Home And Rest” – Reactions After BBNaija’s Beauty Got Disqualified
- “I Dumped Burna Boy Because He Couldn’t Satisfy Me In Bed” – Stefflon Don