The Atiku Abubakar presidential campaign narrowly escaped tragedy when one of the three aircraft with which it went to campaign in Anambra State caught fire shortly before take-off at the Anambra State International Airport, New Telegraph reports.
Though the incident happened on Thursday December 15, 2022, it came to public knowledge only this morning.
It said the incident happened at the conclusion of the PDP presidential rally held at the Ekwueme Square in Awka, the Anambra capital city.
According to the report: “At the conclusion of the campaign rally, the PDP presidential candidate and the dignitaries who had joined the campaign train trooped to the Anambra Airport where three private jets were parked awaiting the arrival of the PDP campaign train.
“Alhaji Abubakar Atiku and his immediate family and close aides boarded one of the Jets and taxied out. It took off uneventfully. The second Jet also taxied and took off uneventfully.
“However, the third jet was not as successful.”
The third jet which had PDP heavyweights as occupants, among them former Cross River Governor, Senator Liyel Imoke, was said to have caught fire shortly before take-off.
“The flight had to be aborted when the pilot noticed fire in one of the engines of the private jet,” a prominent member of the Atiku campaign team confided this Monday morning, December 19.
The Airport Crash Tender (known in some countries as an airport fire appliance) immediately averted disaster by promptly putting off the fire.
- Onoh Tackles Uzor-Kalu, Says Senate Presidency Is Not For Person With Tainted Record
- Electronic Aspects of Election Hold No Waters in Evidence – Appeal Court; Peter Obi and LP Should Note This
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Orders Oyetola, APC To Pay Adeleke N500k for Damages
- JUST IN: Appeal Court Sets Aside Tribunal Judgement, Upholds Adeleke As The Winner Of Osun State July 16 Governorship Election
- I Will Govern Abia State Just Like Peter Obi Did In Anambra State – Abia Gov-Elect Otti
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter