The Director-General of Ahmed Tinubu Support Group Management Council, Abdulmumin Jibrin, has revealed that All Progressives Congress (APC) National Leader and presidential Aspirant for 2023 election, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, deserves a whole lot of respect for staying relevant in politics even though he has not held any political office in the past fifteen years.
Jibrin said this in a series of tweets posted on his verified Twitter handle on Sunday, noting that the new electoral act signed into law by President Buhari, which necessitates the stepping down of any political appointee who wishes to contest an election, will provide level playing ground for all aspirants and remove any undue advantage that has long been enjoyed in the past.
While commending the president for the signing of the electoral act, Jibril noted that any politician that is worth its onion would not be ruffled with the demand to resign his appointment a few months to a contest, as this will help him know his level of acceptance to the people without the influence of his political office.
Jibrin, therefore, gives kudos to Asiwaju Ahmed Tinubu for staying a long fifteen years without holding a political office, but still remain very relevant in Nigerian politics. He also gave the same credence to President Buhari, who before becoming President in 2015, has been out of any political office for up to fifteen years, but still very relevant until 2015 that he became the President.
In his word, “If you know you are a good politician and with good standing in the eyes of the public, it should not be a big deal for you to resign few months to a contest. Let’s even see who you are without the backing of the office you occupy. After such an experience, you will respect and understand how difficult it is to remain politically relevant and influential without occupying public office like PMB 2000-2015 (15 years), Tinubu 2007-2022 (15 years) and both President and C-In-C FRN 2015-2023 and 2023-2031 respectively insha Allah. Show respect please,” Jibrin said.
See below for the tweets:
- 2023: Tinubu Declares Himself Fit, Competent And Capable To Rule Nigeria
- HOW TINUBU SHOWED RARE LEADERSHIP AT THE HEAT OF ENDSARS PROTEST
- Analyzing Tinubu’s videos and Exposing Sahara Reporters’ Lies and Pettiness
- THE ALMIGHTY NDIGBO AND TINUBU’S PRESIDENTIAL BID. By Fatai Alimi
- PDP Chieftain Berates Buhari, Picks Tinubu, Bello As His Only Fear Ahead of 2023.
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi