Antonov AN-225, the world’s largest aircraft, has reportedly been destroyed by Russia in the ongoing rift between them and Ukraine.
The giant aircraft, named “Mriya” or “dream” in Ukrainian, is said to have been destroyed during the Russian invasion of their neighbouring turned enemy country.
Reacting to this, Ukrainian authorities said the plane would be rebuilt and they will make sure they continue defending their country.
The Ukrainian Foreign Minister, Dmytro Kuleba said on Twitter that Russia may have succeeded in destroying their aircraft, Mriya, but their dream of a strong, free and democratic European state would never be destroyed. In his tweet:
“Russia May have destroyed our ‘Mriya’ but they will never be able to destroy our dream of a strong, free and democratic European State. We shall prevail!”
Also speaking on the destruction of the enormous aircraft, Ukroboronprom, the Ukrainian State defense company which manages Antonov confirmed, in a statement released on Sunday, that the aircraft had been destroyed, but would, however, be rebuilt at Russia’s expense.
He added that the restoration of the gigantic aircraft would cost over 3 billion United States Dollars and would take up to five years before it would be completed.
The statement reads:
“The restoration of Mriya is estimated to take over 3 billion USD and over five years.”
“Our task is to ensure that these costs are covered by the Russian Federation, which has caused intentional damage to Ukraine’s aviation and the air cargo sector.”
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Mriya was highly demanded to be used as a cargo plane.
- Russia Vs Ukraine: Abramovich Remains Chelsea’s Owner.
- Russia/Ukraine War: We Will Understand Nigeria is All We Have, When Push Comes to Shove – Tweep
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi