The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission has secured a court order for the final forfeiture of 24 choice properties that are worth N10.9 Billion owned by a top Military officer through several fronts and proxies, and scattered across Kano, Kaduna, Borno and Cross River States.
This was made know by the anti-graft agency in a communique posted on its official Twitter handle on Tuesday.
The EFCC noted that Justice N.E Maha of the Federal High Court gave the order for final forfeiture of the 24 properties on Monday February 14, after no one came forward to lay claim to the said properties.
The 24 choice properties, according to the EFCC’s findings, were owned by a Nigeria’s top military officer through fronts and proxies. In the process of the EFCC’s investigation, the properties were discovered to have been acquired by proceeds from corruption, and then the anti-grafts agency proceeded to court to seek an order for the forfeiture of the properties to the Federal government of Nigeria.
In May 2020, the Federal High Court gave the order for the forfeiture of the properties on interim basis. The court also ordered the publication of notices in national newspapers, inviting persons with interest in the properties to show cause why they should not be finally forfeited to the Federal Government of Nigeria.
Not too satisfied because nobody came forward to show interest in the properties, Justice Maha on Monday, February 14, 2022, ordered the final forfeiture of the properties to the Federal Government of Nigeria.
According to the EFCC’s communique, the 24 properties, which comprises land, shopping complex, gas station and fuel stations and collectively valued at N10,935,000,000.00. (Ten Billion, Nine Hundred and Thirty-Five Million Naira), were scattered across Kano, Kaduna, Borno and Cross River States.
The properties are:
- A 16 Pump filling Station located at Rijiyar Lemo, Kano.
- A Filling Station with 41 pumps located opposite Federal Secretariat, Kano.
- A Filling Station with 39 pumps located along BUK Road, Kano.
- Filling Station with 31 pumps located along Zaria Bypass, Kano.
- A Filling Station with 31 pumps located along Maiduguri Bypass, Kano.
- A Filling Station with 29 pumps located along Maiduguri Bypass, Kano.
- A Filling Station with 23 pumps located along Naibawa , Kano.
- A Filling Station with 39 pumps located along Bachirawa, Kano.
- A Filling Station with 51 pumps and a one-storey building with 35 shops attached to the Filling Station located along Shiek Ja’afar Road Dorayi, Kano.
- An LPG plant with 30 shops attached to it located along Zaria Road, Kano.
- Marhaba Event Centre, Guda Abdullahi Road, Farm Centre, Kano.
- A three storey building (Plaza) With 28 shops located on Hadeja Road, next to Sheshe Supermarket , Kano.
- A three-storey building (Plaza) with 126 shops located on Audu Bako Way, Opposite Nation Plaza, Kano.
- Classic Block Industry at Maiduguri Road, Kano.
- Atlasfield Corporate Headquarters, No. L6 Ahmadu Bello Way, Kaduna.
- Undeveloped plot located at Sharada, Adjacent A.A. Rano Filling Station, Kano.
- Undeveloped plot located at Yan Rake, Adjacent Dala Orthopedic Hospital, Kano.
- Undeveloped plot located along Kano-Gwarzo Road, Adjacent Kedco Regional Office, Kano North/Opposite Silver Spoon Restaurant, Kano.
- Undeveloped plot located along Kano-Gwarzo Road, opposite Markaz Mosque, Kano.
- Undeveloped plot located on Sani Marshal Road, Opposite Nissan Automobile, Kano.
- 11.7 hectares located Adjacent TINAPA Resort, Adiabo, Calabar.
- Truck Assembly Plant, Easter Bypass, Kano.
- Event Center located in Calabar, Cross River State.
- Aflac Plastics Limited located behind National Eye Center, Kaduna.
See some of the pictures of the properties from the gallery below:
- This is Why Obi Cubana Was Arrested by EFCC
- “Tell Them, It Won’t Be Business As Usual” – EFCC Vows To Go After Ritualists.
- Court Sentences Whistleblowers To 3-Month Jail for Giving EFCC False Information.
- EFCC Dismisses Offering N1 million Reward to Yahoo Yahoo Informants.
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi