Nigerian President, Muhammadu Buhari has finally signed Electoral Act Amendment Bill into Law.
SaharaReporters reported that sources in the Presidency had disclosed that the bill would be approved by President Buhari today around 12 pm.
The president has been criticised so many times for his reluctance in signing the Bill into Law, while some groups, as well as activists across the country, have been threatening to protest if he refused to sign it.
According to reports, a protest was staged by Some Civil Society Organisations in Abuja on Tuesday concerning the alleged delay by the President in signing the bill into law.
The electoral process is expected to be improved once the bill is being sighed into Law.
In January, the Electoral Act Amendment Act Bill 2021 had been transmitted to President Buhari by the National Assembly for a second time, after revising but he had earlier seized his approval to it for some noted reasons.
- FG Officially Begins Shortlisting of Npower Batch C Stream 2 Beneficiaries
- Buhari Approves N75k Stipend For Education Students In Public Versities.
- Wike Knocks President Buhari, Says He Doesn’t Want Free and Fair Elections
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi