Fédération Internationale de Football Association (FIFA), has given the nod to Lookman Ademola’s request to switch his Nationality from England and represent Nigeria instead in the subsequent International matches.
The world’s football governing body gave the approval and made the announcement on Thursday.
The Leicester City winger has represented England in the developmental categories. He was part of the England squad that won the Under-20 World Cup held in 2017.
The 24-year-old London native, who was born to Nigerian parents, has not played for England’s senior team.
However, he would probably have the opportunity to feature for the Super Eagles when they take on Ghana in the next month World Cup qualifier playoff.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu