The host of Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Frank Edoho has paid tribute to Russian Billionaire, Roman Abramovich, who is leaving his position as the Chelsea Football Club owner, saying the club “will never find another owner like him.”
He said the UEFA Champions League title won by the club last season would serve as a farewell gift to the Russian philanthropist who had been in charge of the club since 2003.
Abramovich made an official announcement yesterday, declaring his intention to sell his ownership of the London based football club, following the criticism bombarded on him due to his country’s invasion of Ukraine.
A few days back, the Liberal Democrat MP, Laylan Moran, used Parliamentary privilege to name Abramovich as one of 35 “key enablers” to Russian President Vladimir Putin who should be sanctioned.
Subsequently, several media publications suggest that the United Kingdom will strip off the ownership of Chelsea Football Club from the Russian Billionaire in response to sanctions being prepared to lay on anyone connected to Putin. This, however, was rubbished as the Russian confirmed that he was still the owner of the English Premier League club.
However, Abramovich, in his statement released yesterday declared his intention to sell the Club, noting that he only wants to do so in the best interest of the club, the fans, the employee as well as the club’s sponsors and partners to avoid any problem the may come after the club due to crisis between his beloved country Russia and Ukraine.
The host of the Nigerian TV show, in a tweet, posted on his official verified Twitter account, @frankedoho paid homage to the Russian and stated that the Champions League won last campaign by Chelsea would serve as a farewell gift to him. He also stated that it will be hard for the club to find an owner like him and thank him for the support throughout his time with the club.
The tweet reads:
It makes sense why Chelsea won the Champions League last year. It was a farewell gift to Roman.
We will never find another owner like him.
- Roman Abramovich Declared He Wants To Sell Chelsea.
- Russia/Ukraine War: Chelsea FC Owner, Abramovich, Hands Over Club.
- Russia/UkraineWar: Google Maps Live Traffic Data Temporarily Disabled In Ukraine
- RussiaUkraineWar: Another Russian’s Strike Hits Kyiv TV Tower, Cuts Broadcasts
- United Kingdom Vows to Deploy Nuclear Weapon Against Russia
- Ukraine Invasion: Russia Vows to Continue Attacks Until Set Goals are Achieved
- Ukraine/Russia: We Will Ban Import of Russian Crude Oil – Canadian PM
- FG Releases N3.5 Billion for The Evacuation of Nigerians in Ukraine.
- Ukraine’s World’s Largest Plane ‘Mriya’ Destroyed By Russia.
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi